CANON EF 100-400mm 4.5/5.6L USM IS II USA
What makes a zoom lens such a necessary part of any professional photographer’s repertoire Well, the existence of wildlife, for one. And secondly, not every beautiful photo opportunity is going to be right next to you. With a minimum focusing distance of 3.2 feet, the CANON EF 100-400mm 4.5/5.6L USM IS II USA is built for those times that the best possible photograph is on the horizon:
- Want clear pictures every time It starts with magnificent aperture, and the circular 9-blade aperture provided with the Canon EF 100-400mm allows for smooth photographs even when the photographer isn’t feeling so smooth.
- Image stabilization is key, of course, and the Optical Image Stabilizer on the Canon EF 100-400mm provides up to four shutter speeds steps of correction, giving you the stability you need.
- Resistant dust, water, weather, and even ghosting, this is a highly durable and tough zoom lens. No wimps allowed.
Long story short: procure one of your very own Canon zoom lenses and you’ll be glad when that next picture opportunity shows up right on the edge of the horizon.
Learn about the CANON EF 100-400mm 4.5/5.6L USM IS II USA
There’s a shot you know you need to take, but there’s just one problem—it’s far away, and the subject (like wildlife) is uncertain to stay. Whether you’re on a safari taking a picture of a stunning gazelle or on a North American nature trip spotting a Bald Eagle, the problem is clear: you need a high-capacity zoom lens that won’t blur and shake like the other lenses. Meet the CANON EF 100-400mm 4.5/5.6L USM IS II USA, a lens capable of doing all that and more. Like many zoom lenses at Adorama, this lens is great for wildlife shots and active photography—but we think you’ll find that as you read more and more about this lens, it’s capable of doing just about anything you can demand from it.
- Serious zoom capacity is always a necessity when working at this level of lens, and the Canon EF 100-400mm has exactly that, thanks to 21 elements in 16 groups in the construction of the lens. As a 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6 zoom lens, it has some serious zooming-in abilities, taking far-off shots with a surprising amount of depth and clarity. If you need a stunning shot right now and it can’t wait, you’ll need a lens capable of zooming in and keeping up with you every step of the way.
- Serious image stabilization is needed when you have serious zoom levels, as well. That means you’ll need exactly what Canon EF 100-400mm can provide, which is an Optical Image Stabilizer that provides correction of up to four shutter speed steps. This helps reduce the blurring and aberrations that occur with non-stabilized lenses, and helps ensure that even those far-off shots end up coming out smooth and sharp, as though you were right next to your subject all along.
- Have we mentioned the aperture Sure, we’ve mentioned the Canon EF 100-400mm’s focal length, but the aperture really grabs light in a unique way, thanks to a circular design of 9 blades that delivers stunning and soft backgrounds. This makes your shots subtle and, though you can tell any zoom shot is a zoom shot, takes the emphasis off the fact that you were far away from your subject and places it the emphasis right back on the subject itself.
- When you’re dealing with zooming, you also need to ensure that there are no smudges—even the smallest detail can ruin a perfectly good shot. That’s why no stone is left unturned with the Canon EF 100-400mm. It’s highly resistant to both water and dust, it features a New Air Sphere Coating (ASC) that helps to reduce the ‘ghosting’ you see with the cheapo lenses, and you can work with specialty filters even with the lens hood in place, offering an additional layer of protection.
- Oh, focusing distance. You wanted to hear about that, right After all, it is a zoom lens: with a minimum focusing distance of 3.2 feet, you know that while you have the goods here to take some serious far-off shots with crispness and clarity, you can get the same from a subject located much closer in.
It takes a lot to construct a zoom lens—just ask NASA—but it doesn’t always mean you need to have a space agency-sized budget to take spectacular zoom photos. Procure a CANON EF 100-400mm 4.5/5.6L USM IS II USA of your very own here at Adorama and you’ll be on your way to professional-grade photography.
From the Manufacturer
‘The Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II USM lens is a rugged, long telephoto lens designed for professional photographers to use with full-frame Canon DSLRs. Redesigned incorporating the latest image stabilization, autofocus and lens design advances, this lens offers outstanding image quality and fast AF. An Air Sphere coating has been added to many of the lens’s elements to reduce ghosting and flare. Sharp pictures are also possible thanks to the Optical Image Stabilizer, which is effective for four stops.
What you should know about this lens:
• 1. Super optics: In addition to Air Sphere coating to promote reduce backlit flaring and ghosting, the lens has a fluorite element and one Super UD (Ultra Low Dispersion) element, which corrects aberrations and improves sharpness, clarity, and color accuracy.
• 2. 4 stops of stabilization: Minimizing camera shake is especially important when using a long focal length, which exaggerates any shakiness. The Canon EF 100-400’s OIS has three selectable image stabilization modes (standard, panning and during exposure only). They are effective for up to 4 stops of exposure.
• 3. Fast, accurate autofocus: Canon has upgraded its Ultrasonic Motor (USM) and high-speed CPU with optimized AF algorithms and nearly silent AF.
• 4. Precise zooming: The rotating zoom ring lens you adjust zoom position. You can vary the tension on the zoom via a zoom torque adjustment, giving the zoom a custom feel based on your preference.
• 5. Great Bokeh: With 9 rounded diaphragm blades, the lens is designed to produce rounded specular highlights and smooth out-of-focus areas so your subject stands out better.